I could have either given her worksheet or written down few test paper to solve. But it would have required lot of effort from my side to make her to do the written work, because she would answer but I know all this, why do it again? And there is nothing to counter her logic.
Practicing for exams is also necessary so that we do not miss any concept. So I again picked up her favorite wooden set of numbers.
An A3 size foam sheet became our working board and some pieces of different color foam pieces helped in making us the vertical arrangements for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
In one and half hour we covered following topics :
- 2 & 3 digit simple addition
- 2 & 3 digit addition with carry forward
- 2 & 3 digit simple subtraction
- 2 & 3 digit subtraction with borrowing
- Multiplying a 2 digit number with single digit.
- Dividing a 2 or 3 digit number with single digit
- Fractions – half, quarter, three quarter
- Data Interpretation
I have posted images below each concept:
Subtraction with borrowing
Trust me teaching maths in this way is very engaging and kids look forward to study time. I try to bring play way method whenever possible be in physics, chemistry or maths .
Hey Garima, wow nice way teach maths. Maths made so simple. Great.