When one learns about solar system, memorizing names of planets and their order is crucial.
Here is a simple way to do it , this is part of one of my activity books.
I also used it for my daughter and her friends.
Here is the page
I made a matching and sorting activity using Velcro dots.
Here is how it looked
Activity we did with it:
- Learning names of planets and their order in terms of distance from Sun.
- Analyse size of the planets.
- Figure our biggest and smallest planet.
- Some reasoning question like,
* why mercury is hotter than earth?
Compare the distance from sun and figure out which planet will get more heat
* What could be the reason that life exist only on earth?
Is it because we get the right amount of heat that suitable for existence of life?
* If sun dies down , what will happen to earth ?
Imagine Sun’s heat and light coming from it disappears (remove the sun from the picture), what will happen to us. What all things that we need will be impacted.
* What about mercury? What will happen to it?
* Why planets do not collide while revolving around the sun?
Move the planets in their orbit and see if they collide . in our case since I have not kept enough space between Saturn and Uranus they did collide .. so I just explained her that actually they don’t ours is small paper and we have not arranged it properly.
I am trying to figure out if we can use this same page to create some demo model for explaining gravitation forces between heavenly bodies . if we do it will add the activity to this post. Till then happy learning!
is it on sale!?
Dear Aekta , we do make these on request. Please visit our FB page for more details https://www.facebook.com/KidzCreativeExpress/